Warm spaghetti with rocket, raisins and chickpeas
This dish is a riot of colour, texture and flavours. The salad-style topping is an ideal way to liven up a bowl of plain pasta. Serve the salad on the side if preferred.
· 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· 1 small red onion, finely sliced
· 1 large carrot, grated
· 100g raisins
· 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
· 2 handfuls baby salad leaves
· 4tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
· 4tbsp carrot juice
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 500g fresh spaghetti
· 100g blue cheese, crumbled
1. Put the chickpeas, onion, carrot, raisins, tomato and salad leaves in a bowl. Mix gently together, cover and chill until required.
2. Mix 3tbsp oil with the carrot juice and season well. Set aside.
3. Just before serving, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 2-3 mins until just tender. Drain well, leave for 5 mins then return to the saucepan and toss in the remaining oil.
4. To serve, pile the pasta into serving bowls and pile the salad on top. Sprinkle with the cheese. Mix the dressing and serve with the salad whilst the pasta is still warm.